'Growing Grapevine' Season 2 is Coming Soon
5 Dec 2022
Grapevine Economic Development is proud to announce the return of the 'Growing Grapevine' podcast! The inaugural season focused on the 'Big Fish;' projects that helped trace and explain the booming growth of the City over the last fifty years. Host Steven Jones returns in Season 2 with a more focused narrative: an in-depth exploration of an iconic shopping center at the heart of the community.
Grapevine Mills is an economic hub within the City of Grapevine, contributing a large share of the community's sales tax revenue and drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors into town every year. But if you think the property's impact stops there, you're in for a big surprise! Join us as we explore the revolutionary culture at the Mills, from its ground-breaking vision and colorful aesthetic in the late 90s to the evolutionary overhaul of the interior in the 2010s. Along the way, you'll learn about fascinating tenants (old and new) as well as the economic headwinds that sweep out of the property and across the community itself.
A few stories you can expect to hear in the coming months:
- How eCommerce and the Digital Age have reshaped a shopping center... and our future workforce
- The evolution of the American shopping mall from a trading post to an entertainment and economic hub
- Groundbreaking Public-Private partnerships that resonate across Grapevine
- A special, highly-theoretical look at the City we almost became
- and, of course... Meow Wolf, the exciting new tenant arriving at Grapevine Mills in 2023!